Sunday, April 10, 2011

Six in the Air

It was in the car just last week that I came to the decision that I am not a fan of Rhianna.  Now, don't get me wrong, her songs are extremely catchy, and are some of the favorites in my shower-singing repertoire.  But, when my five year old daughter belted out a verse of her new whips-and-chains themed hit, my jaw hit the floor.

"SIX in the air..." she sang at the top of her lungs.  The ending of the song was quickly followed by a "Mommy, can we listen to that 'sticks and stones' song again?!"  I quickly responded that it was on the radio so I couldn't replay it, but was still in shock at what I'd just heard.

"Hey...what did you say was in the air in that song, again?"  "SIX!" she quickly retorted.  I breathed a sigh of relief, but then and there made the decision that when Miss Priss is in the car, I think we'll be sticking to CDs only...or maybe the Christian station.  All the six in the air is starting to get to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment