Monday, June 20, 2011

Soak It Up

I took a night for myself Saturday night.

It's not something that I do very often.  Even nights when kiddo is with her grandparents, I spend most of my time cleaning up the disaster she's made during the week, or working on something for PTA, or for work.  But last night, I decided it was time to de-stress.

So, I swung by the grocery store on the way home, picked up a pint of Ben & Jerry's, some bath salts, and a mud pac facial mask. 

Now, I'm not really a bath person.  Something about sitting and stewing in your own filth is just not all that appealing to me, regardless of how relaxing.  But, I sucked it up, set my Pandora station to Enya, lit a candle, and settled myself into the hottest bathwater I could stand.

Keep in mind, now, that I have ADD.  Sitting in the bath doing nothing is something akin to torture for me, so as I laid there, face covered in green mud, soaking, I began to get bored.  I tried...I really did!  But, after about 10 minutes I was ready to take a shower and get out.

Believe it or not, even after that short time soaking, and then the shower following, I actually felt a bit rejuvenated!  It's amazing what a little R&R can do (even when its very little.)

I guess when I got out of the tub, I was just so relaxed that I passed out.  I slept a few hours before waking up, a bit confused and discombobulated, and then rolled right back over and slept again.

It's been a long time since I've been able just to rest...really rest, without my mind running ten thousand miles per minute.  It felt AMAZING.

So, to any moms...or really, anyone out there at all who just needs a BREAK, I definitely recommend soaking in your own filth for a while - even if it is just for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment